Friday, January 1, 2010

Thankful


I am thankful every day for the nice things and good people in my life. I am forever greatful for my husband, son, and Stinky. However, this year ... I am most thankful for my cousins (Chi Lan and her adorable 3 children, Darren, Tatum and her boyfriend Sam, and Huong), my Aunt and Uncle Six, and Uncle John. They were selfless and abandoned their own Christmas celebration to spend Christmas holiday with my family, mom and dad, and my brother and his family in FL. We have not seeing most them for more than 7 years, some more than 20 years. We had enough time to catch up and rebonded as if we never left each other side. Everyone is successful in their own right and life. I am sooo proud of each and everyone of them. We had nothing but the clothes on our backs about 29 yrs ago, struggled to survive in a new country, finally adapted to the new culture due to language barrier, and have come a long way to achieve such successes in our lives. Perseverance and Determination summed it up for my family. We vowed not to go backward but move forward with the opportunities and freedom that are given to us. I am so glad that we shared the Christmas holiday with them. This truly a memorable and blessed Christmas for everyone. So, I am most thankful this past year that I get to know my aunt, uncles, and cousins again. They brought more joy, laughter, and love to our family. Until next blog. My best always, Serene

No comments:

Post a Comment